Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Beyonce Totally Stole My New 'Do


I made the decision a few months ago that I was going to maintain one hairstyle for as long as I can. Inspired by Anna Wintour's signature pageboy cut, my goal was to create a look that was to become my signature style. 

After weeks of planning, I decided that I would try my own variation of a bob  an ode to Ms. Wintour if you would. However, to accommodate my round face, I had to make the front of this bob longer. Celebrity hairstylist Mika Fowler and I actually experimented with a variation of this cut last year, and now it was time I committed to it in the long term. I returned to NYC's Eiji Salon and sat down for one of their infamous dry cuts. Hours later, I debuted my new look. A blunt-angled lob (long bob).

I knew this was my signature look, and was very happy of the fact that very few people have rocked this look in the past. So you can imagine the disappointment I felt when I heard that Beyonce opted for a new 'do very similar to mine. Of course, I'm not saying she got this haircut from me. It's far from being that original. But I'm disappointed because now many Queen B followers will probably go to hair salons as a result of Beyonce's new cut. There goes the uniqueness of my cut. *sigh*

What do you think, are the styles similar? Or am I over-reacting?

Left: Beyonce's recent Instagram of her new cut./ Right: Snapshot of my new 'do.

No comments:

Post a Comment