Thursday, February 20, 2014

An Ode To Some Of My Faves

The number one question that so many people ask me: Who inspires your style? Now, I can't even begin to tell you where I get the ideas for some of my looks. My list of Style Crushes is one good place to start. But I am also constantly inspired by my group of fellow fashion bloggers. 

These real girls make the perfect muses for brainstorming new looks. And if you comb the internet nonstop like me, you know there are a ton of style chroniclers out there. But, there are a handful I find myself turning to for inspiration. So, as a thanks for the continuous influences and ideas, I give you five of my favorite fashion bloggers.

Jessica Sturdy of Bows & Sequins
Jessica Sturdy of Bows & Sequins is a girl after my own heart. The NYC-based blogger always sports clean, polished, and super cute looks. Best of all, she rocks some pretty awesome winter looks. Thinking up cute cold-weather outfits can get tough around this time of the year. You get in a rut and end up grabbing the same snow boot and wool coat combo before you head out. I keep inspired by Sturdy's expert layering techniques and fun pairings.



Stephanie Brown of FAIIINT
It's no secret that black is the epitome of cool. However, almost all of Stephanie Brown's posts in FAIIINT features her rocking the hue from head to toe. I can't get over how breathtaking and masterfully put together each look is. With each outfit, Brown visually teaches me the importance of fabric mixing, layering in proportions, and the art of a goth-chic makeup look. FAIIINT is definitely a jewel in the blog world.


Mara Ferreira of M Loves M
I first learned of Mara Ferreira of M Loves M when I was working at Refinery29. The Cali-based blogger is a pro when it comes to mixing prints. Lace and plaid, florals and stripes, polka dots and graphics: There wasn't a combo Ferreira was scared to try. Any fashion-enthusiast will tell you that print-mixing is a delicate science, and it's a science that Ferreira has got down to an art.


Sheryl L of Walk in Wonderland
How do I even begin to describe Sheryl from Walk in Wonderland? Her fashion choices are bold, fearless, and unapologetic. She's not afraid to rock outfits even I would hesitate to wear. Like this white attire pictured above? It's urban chic with a touch of feminine flare. In a word: perfection.


Kat from With Love From Kat
To me, Kat of With Love From Kat is the quintessential fashion blogger. Her looks are a effortlessly glamorous, modern, and totally urban. She's not afraid to pair bright J.Crew wool coats with fur vests and edgy boots. The outcome? An outfit so awesome, you wonder how she even began to think it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment