Saturday, June 7, 2014

Shopping in D.C.


Regrettably, I don't get to go outside the city often. I blame it entirely on my workaholic tendencies. Thankfully, I was able to take a quick getaway trip to our nation's capital. D.C. is beyond gorgeous this time of the year, with flowers blooming around every monument and the sun shining down on countless parks.

When I go out-of-town, I like to keep my shopping local. For this trip, I reached out to some capital city bloggers Spicy Candy DC, Que Sera Sahra, District of Chic, and A Loyal Love for advice on which shops needed to be on the top of my list. Here's 5 of my favorites...

PS: Be sure to check out each of these lovely ladies blogs for amazing style inspiration and advice!




Friends of mine like to call be Accessory Sue because I love to accessorize. To me, no outfit is complete without a statement necklace, stacked bangles, or an oversized cocktail ring. Which is why I was so happy to find Lou Lou, a specialty boutique with a location right at Dupont Circle. Here, I replenished with a fresh picking of fun and trendy baubles.


It's fun to follow major labels and seasonal trends, but sometimes you just crave something different. That's why I had to look into Redeem, an independent boutique that specializes in up-and-coming designers. Here, I know the pieces are guaranteed to be unique and special. I get a warm feeling knowing I found something that not a lot of people have.


For a fashion girl like me, Relish is heaven on Earth! Eye candy the likes of Dries van Noten, Joseph Altuzarra, and Jil Sander fill the four corners of this shopping paradise.


Personally, I'm not too big on home decor, or anything domestic. I must rather save my money for a pair of glitzy high heels or a new It-Bag. But every now and then, I spot a store that makes me appreciate a good table-setting. Salt & Sundry is one of those stores. From stylish throw pillows to soothing aroma therapy candles, this shop has everything a girl can ask for to make her home feel even cozier.


Every girl loves a sample sale (read: designer goodies slashed at a fraction of the price). What we don't love is the chaos that comes with it. I'm talking fighting with fellow fashionistas for a coveted It-Bag. No, thanks. Treat does the fighting for us and curates a perfect collection of this season's best styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment