Saturday, July 12, 2014

Brunching In The City — Upper East Side

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that my favorite meal is brunch! The combination meal is the best way to spend a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning/afternoon! And New York City is, hands down, has the best brunch spots all around. Now, it's hard for me to narrow down my favorite restaurants in the entire city, so I'm going to break it down by neighborhood! First up, my own Upper East Side!


The Smith
For a taste and feel of a downtown chic restaurant without the commute, I head to The Smith. This chillax American Brasserie is the perfect place for a girl's weekend brunch or group get-together. It's especially great around the summertime, when their wall barriers go down and their outdoor seating goes up!
The Smith Midtown, 956 Second Avenue (at 51st Street)


 Fig & Olive
When the whole family comes to town, I like to take them to FIG & OLIVE. A cozy little restaurant that features some of the best cuisine from the French Riviera. There's a lot of delicious entrees to choose from here, but my personal favorite is their Crab Cake Eggs Benedict (above)!

FIG & OLIVE Uptown, 10 E. 52nd Street 

 Jones Wood Foundry
Jones Wood Foundry is without a doubt my favorite hole-in-the-wall find in the neighborhood! The food-driven pub features classical English dishes like Bangers & Mash and Welsh Rarebit, as well as brunch staples like Eggs Florentine. And for dessert? Their Banoffee Pie is to die for!!
Jones Wood Foundry, 401 East 76th Street

Libertador Parrilla Argentina
With all the World Cup action going on, a lively joint like Libertador is the perfect place to watch each match unfold. The Upper East hot spot boasts delicious, rich, and hearty dishes, with a dash of Argentinian flare. Oh, and dessert is to die for!



No comments:

Post a Comment