Happy summer solstice, everyone!
I am so pumped for the summer season! New York had a very brutal winter season, and a very late start to warm weather, so I proudly welcome summer's heat and all the fun activities that comes with it.
There's a lot of look forward to: brunches al fresco, the opening of gardens and parks, longer days, and warm nights — the possibilities are endless. So, to help me keep track of all the things I want to do this season, I created this little bucket list. My goal is to hit up each one of these activities before fall sets in. I've already got a good start! So, here's to an amazing summer season filled!
- Picnic in Central Park
- Go to a Yankee's game (Can you believe I've been here 4 years and still never gone?!)
- Beach day
Charles James exhibit at the MET.
- New York Botanical Garden
Watch 5 new movies
(Malificent, Yves Saint Laurent, Neighbors, The Fault in Our Stars, & The Other Woman)
'Facades' exhibit at the New York Historical Society(5/18/2014)
- Read 20 books (4 down, 16 more to go!)
- Try a Citi Bike
- Go on a boat ride in Central Park
- Brunch at Lauderee Soho
- Workout for 5 days in a row.
- Coney Island
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset, and then walk back across.
- Visit the new 9/11 Museum
Les Miserables on Broadway(7/5/2014) Walk the High Line (Yup, never done this)(7/6/2014)
- Dinner al fresco
The Cripple of Inishmaan on Broadway(6/14/2014)
- Redecorate my home desk.
Check out the Williamsburg waterfront.(6/1/2014)
- Have a spa day.
- Plan a trip home to South Carolina, and then take a road trip to Charleston. (planned in July!)
- Send 5 friends some random snail mail, just because.
- Rooftop garden at the MET
- Central Park Zoo
Have a cookout(6/21/2014)
- Try a JumpLife workout
Once on Broadway(6/28/2014)
- Shop less and live more!