Monday, August 12, 2013

Poolside Fashion


Now that I've officially crossed the threshold into my mid 20's (gasp!) I'm really stepping up my anti-aging game. A few years back poolside meant tanning for hours on end and trying to nail the perfect summer glow. These days, I'm spending more time trying to avoid the sun's harmful rays.



In terms of fashion, this meant investing in new bathing suit coverups. Gone are the sheer tops and cutoff denim shorts, and I'm saying "Hello!" to chic kaftans and long-sleeve beach dresses - I don't play around when it comes to wrinkle prevention! When I'm shopping, I try to pick fabrics that are lightweight and come in bright prints. Keeping the summer vibe relaxed is also very important during a vacay, no? I especially love this particular kaftan because purple is one of my favorite colors. Luckily, this vintage dress has survived getaways to Long Beach, rooftop pool parties, and most recently, a vacay back to South Carolina to visit the folks.












Kaftan: Vintage
Bag: Kate Spade
Sunnies: Kate Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment