Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ladies Lunching


Not too long ago I had to attend a lunch with my mother. This meant I had to step up my fashion to appeal a more mature crowd. It's not that my mother is particularly conservative, it's just that she doesn't entirely favor my New York acquired fashion taste for cutoff denim and leather ensembles. Fortunately, I can clean up rather nicely.

For this mother-daughter lunch date I decided to go with a light-colored theme. This summer tweed skirt was snagged from Reiss' spring collection. It matched perfectly with this my trusty eggshell-colored Zara blouse. To keep to the summer theme, I finished off the look with basket-weave platforms, a Hamptons tote, and a sprinkling of chain jewelry.



Happy to report that mother approved! :-)















Top: Zara (last spotted here)
Skirt: Reiss
Shoes: CARLOS by Carlos Santana
Sunnies & Tote Bag: Coach
Bracelet & Necklace: Sequin NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment