Friday, September 6, 2013

Black and Gold Patterns



There's an old fashion rule that many follow regarding prints: When wearing a piece that's printed, pair it with something solid. There's another word to describe this rule: BORING. Sure, it can be a safe way of keeping your outfit in-check, but it also creates such a mundane look that your style is easily forgotten.

So for me, I enjoy mixing prints and patterns as much as I can. Now, collaborating prints together is a science. You must find two prints that are in the same color scheme, and coordinate with each other. Plaids with stripes, tie dye with polka dots, and tweed with florals can all totally work together if they compliment one another versus competing for attention. That's exactly why I love this little boho ensemble I put together. The bits of yellow in the tribal print from the pants gets brought out by the bright canary hue of this Michael Kors top. Pure print harmony, no?



Like this look? Check out my look book here for more of my past outfits!














Top: MICHAEL Michael Kors/ Pants: Market find in the Philippines/ Shoes: Ted Baker (last spotted here/ Necklace: Betsey Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment