Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Outfit Idea: Monochromatic Suits

Monochromatic in Peach
Equipment Short Sleeve Top / Rachel Zoe Blazer / Rachel Zoe Low-Rise Pants / Trussardi Platform Peep-Toes / Givenchy 100 Leather Handbag / House of Harlow 1960 Necklace


When you measure in at a measly 5ft. 1in. like me, you learn ways to create the illusion of a taller frame. Sky-high heels are always helpful when I need that extra lift, but sometimes my feet get too exhausted balancing on those stilts. That's when I have to call in all my fashion skills to style a look that will elongate my frame.

One of my favorite fashion optical illusions include monochromatic suits. Now, before you run away with flashbacks of '70s fashions gone wrong, take a look at how Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is workin' the look. Not only can monochromatic suits be chic and stylish, they create a sleek silhouette and draw the eyes vertical  making its wearer appear tall and sleek.

I love the loud color of Rosie's red suit, but I'm also smitten with the early autumn hue of this Rachel Zoe ensemble. It can easily transition into the fall month! Since the color is more subtle, I will add a pop of spunk with a snakeskin top and loud accessories. I find that finding the perfect balance is important when attempting this look, because you don't want to end up looking old and boring. Right?

Xo,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment