Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Grey Lengths


While flirty A-line dresses and sky-high heels are my go-to look, every now and then I like to mix things up. A style I don't normally gravitate to would be the downtown-chic look that so many girls in the village and Soho sport so comfortably. I blame my aversion to this style on my proportions. It's hard to pull off maxi dresses and jeans when none of them fit you right.


However, a recent brunch trip to one of my favorite hot spots motivated me to try an ensemble I wouldn't normally reach for. I had to get this Enza Costa maxi pants specially hemmed for my stunted height, but it was totally worth it. In the spirit of the cool-urban girl look, I went with a sheer blouse with a black bandeau top underneath. It's very edgy-chic, no? Oh, and let's not forget my always-needed accessories!

Xo, 
Laurie 









Top: Aqua
Maxi Pants: Enza Costa
Necklace: bebe
Bag: Cynthia Rowley (last spotted here)
Sunnies: C/O House of Harlow
Shoes: DV Dolce Vita (Also spotted here)



PS: Oh, I had to include a few snapshots of my brunch... because it was beyond delicious! We dined at the Upper East Side's Fig & Olive, and I must say I don't regret a single bite. My Crab Cake Benedict is below, along with my dessert Crostini. All scrumptious till the last bite!


No comments:

Post a Comment