Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Beauty: The Lipstick Diaries, Volume I

While it may have taken over 20 years in the making, I am proud to be able to say that I... finally have a signature look! Melodramatic text aside, it's true, I am finally able to pinpoint exactly what makes my look, me. Gisele will her sexy beach waves and Anna Wintour will always be sporting her pageboy bob, I will forever be reaching towards my collection of bright-coloured lipsticks. Yes, the one beauty look that has never let me down is the bold lips.

Despite being proven as a man-repeller, the bold lip finish has been my glam-armor for many years now. When I'm too lazy to touch-up my whole face, I just reach for a super-bright red to get me through the rest of the evening. Or, if I'm feeling creative and funky, I reach for something more daring  like a deep plum purple. While it's a Sophie's Choice of a decision for me to pick my favorite lipstick, I did manage to narrow it down to my four favorite shades of the moment. Check them out!  Xo, Laurie

MAC Lipstick in Vegas Vault



NARS Satin Lip Pencil in "Luxembourg"

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in "Plum Velour"

COVERGIRL LipPerfection in "Flame"

2 comments:

  1. Love the Luxembourg shade on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! I was very hesitant about it, but you gotta take risks in fashion, right? :-)

      Delete